Hasleo Software Forums
Feature REQUESTS - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hasleo Backup Suite (Free Windows Backup & Restore Software) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Feature REQUESTS (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Feature REQUESTS - n8chavez - 07-15-2024

Careful @Froggie. No where did I reference Windows. Read what I said again. Windows was never brought up. You're getting all working up over this, when it's really very simple, I want to prevent write amplification when restoring an image. Thus I need to temporarily disable trim.

Let me give a little background. An SSD write operation can be done to a single page but, due to hardware limitations, erase commands always affect entire blocks, so writing data to empty pages on an SSD is very fast, but slows down considerably once previously written pages need to be overwritten. So, restoring an image to an SSD is slower because the blocks are not empty in the first place. Since an erase of the cells in the page is needed before it can be written to again, but only entire blocks can be erased, an overwrite will initiate a read-erase-modify-write cycle the contents of the entire block are stored in cache, then the entire block is erased from the SSD, then the overwritten page(s) is written into the cached block, and only then can the entire updated block be written. So, as I said before, in order to eliminate this need to first cache the drives original contents before it can be erased it's best to temporarily disable trim in order to speed the restore up. Of course, this assumes the drive is not empty.

#themoreyouknow.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - Froggie - 07-16-2024

I was assuming some Windows references... I no longer am.  Just a coupla statements here... the TRIM function is what eliminates long term write-amplification problems, that's a fact, and it will happen one way or another.  Secondly, if you do the exact same restore with or without TRIM, you will see no speed difference at all at the Windows restore level, especially when using Hasleo

If this doesn't make sense to you, we can agree to disagree on this issue.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - chmichael - 07-17-2024

Hello,
I don't know if Hasleo backup is already using https://github.com/zlib-ng/zlib-ng lib for compression.
We'll get a nice speed boost for v5.

Thank you

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 07-17-2024

(07-17-2024, 06:47 AM)chmichael Wrote: Hello,
  I don't know if Hasleo backup is already using https://github.com/zlib-ng/zlib-ng lib for compression.
  We'll get a nice speed boost for v5.

Thank you

Thank you very much and we will consider it.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - n8chavez - 07-19-2024

Would it be possible to get a more detailed "log" window when creating and restoring an image? Currently, we get a completion percentage, ETA, and time estimation. It would be nice to have a more specific showing of partition, write/read speeds, and more accurate timings.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 07-21-2024

(07-19-2024, 12:09 PM)n8chavez Wrote: Would it be possible to get a more detailed "log" window when creating and restoring an image?  Currently, we get a completion percentage, ETA, and time estimation.  It would be nice to have a more specific showing of partition, write/read speeds, and more accurate timings.

Thanks for the suggestion. Is it necessary to show more information, which may have some impact on performance? We haven't tested this yet, so maybe the impact will be minimal.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - chmichael - 07-31-2024

Hello,
  1) Maximize button in file restore window because now it is tiny or having a seperate window for file restore with maximize button.
  2) File restore should have an option to restore it at the "original location" and of course overwrite it. Now it's only custom.
  3) Add Green Emoji for Success and Red anything else in the e-mail notification subject. eg: [✅ Success] or [♦️ Fail] . It's just hits way better to the eye! 
      btw i think it works with Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
  4) The ability to customize subject on e-mail notifications. eg:
      [%iconstatus% %jobstatus%] - [%domain%\%user%] - dddd, dd mm yyyy hhConfuseds:nn -> [✅ Successful] - [MYDOMAIN\MYUSER] - Tuesday, 30 July 2024 22:33:07
  5) Compile with latest Visual Studio 2022
  6) Not actually needed but it will be good: Upgrade to the latest inno setup

Thank you

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 08-08-2024

(07-31-2024, 06:14 AM)chmichael Wrote: Hello,
  1) Maximize button in file restore window because now it is tiny or having a seperate window for file restore with maximize button.
  2) File restore should have an option to restore it at the "original location" and of course overwrite it. Now it's only custom.
  3) Add Green Emoji for Success and Red anything else in the e-mail notification subject. eg: [✅ Success] or [♦️ Fail] . It's just hits way better to the eye! 
      btw i think it works with Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
  4) The ability to customize subject on e-mail notifications. eg:
      [%iconstatus% %jobstatus%] - [%domain%\%user%] - dddd, dd mm yyyy hhConfuseds:nn -> [✅ Successful] - [MYDOMAIN\MYUSER] - Tuesday, 30 July 2024 22:33:07
  5) Compile with latest Visual Studio 2022
  6) Not actually needed but it will be good: Upgrade to the latest inno setup

Thank you

Thank you for all your suggestions, we will improve them in future releases.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - RobLatour - 08-12-2024

(06-23-2024, 08:05 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-22-2024, 12:05 AM)RobLatour Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 10:50 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 10:12 PM)RobLatour Wrote: Feature request - have a way to see the current version number of the program from the main window and/or display it on the start-up splash window.
opps, I just noticed if you go to the little icon beside the minimize button, and check for update you get the version number of the program - so I guess it is there - just a little hidden.   But still might be worth adding to the splash window.   Thanks
Thanks for the advice, we'll do it.

We will display the version number in the title bar.

Perfect, and I see you added it in version 4.9 - thank you!

RE: Feature REQUESTS - RobLatour - 08-12-2024

Feature Request - when a backup completes or fails automatically send an email.

SMTP would be fine from my perspective, although others might want this tied into their gmail/hotmail accounts.

Edit: Opps just notice this is already supported in 4.9.1

My apologies.