Hasleo Software Forums
Feature REQUESTS - Printable Version

+- Hasleo Software Forums (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hasleo Software (formerly called EasyUEFI Development Team) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Hasleo Backup Suite (Free Windows Backup & Restore Software) (https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Feature REQUESTS (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 08-13-2024

(08-12-2024, 11:49 PM)RobLatour Wrote: Feature Request - when a backup completes or fails automatically send an email. 

SMTP would be fine from my perspective, although others might want this tied into their gmail/hotmail accounts.

Hotmail still supports SMTP, gmail now uses OAuth 2.0 so it needs to be handled separately, we will support it in a future release.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - n8chavez - 08-19-2024

1. Why not have two separate end-of-job options; one for creating the image and one for restoring the image? Almost always users are going to want to restart after restore, but almost never want to restart after imaging. Right now, the same functions is used for both.

2. What about adding the ability to edit saved tasks fully; such as being able to change the task's save location or compression settings?

RE: Feature REQUESTS - chmichael - 08-19-2024

Please allow to select other drives/partitions in the system backup (eg. C: contains the OS and D: the data)

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 08-20-2024

(08-19-2024, 05:56 PM)chmichael Wrote: Please allow to select other drives/partitions in the system backup (eg. C: contains the OS and D: the data)

The backup feature of the backup software on the market all seem to only back up Windows system related partitions, obviously you can accomplish what you need by creating two backup tasks, but I'll get back to my developers with your suggestion. Thanks.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 08-20-2024

(08-19-2024, 07:16 AM)n8chavez Wrote: 1.  Why not have two separate end-of-job options; one for creating the image and one for restoring the image? Almost always users are going to want to restart after restore, but almost never want to restart after imaging.  Right now, the same functions is used for both.

2.  What about adding the ability to edit saved tasks fully; such as being able to change the task's save location or compression settings?

Regarding Q1, you said “almost never want to restart after imaging”, but not everyone does, and it's set to “do nothing” by default, which doesn't affect you in any way.

Regarding Q2, we will allow users to change the storage folder in a future release, however the image split size, compression level and encryption information for a backup task cannot be changed.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - n8chavez - 08-21-2024

(08-20-2024, 10:48 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 07:16 AM)n8chavez Wrote: 1.  Why not have two separate end-of-job options; one for creating the image and one for restoring the image? Almost always users are going to want to restart after restore, but almost never want to restart after imaging.  Right now, the same functions is used for both.

2.  What about adding the ability to edit saved tasks fully; such as being able to change the task's save location or compression settings?

Regarding Q1, you said “almost never want to restart after imaging”, but not everyone does, and it's set to “do nothing” by default, which doesn't affect you in any way.

Regarding Q2, we will allow users to change the storage folder in a future release, however the image split size, compression level and encryption information for a backup task cannot be changed.

I think you've missed my point.  Right now it's all or nothing, as far as default settings, either yes or not.  But that doesn't always fit.  With the options the way they are now the below scenario is not possible, but it should be.  

Restart after restore - Yes
Restart after Imaging - No

RE: Feature REQUESTS - admin - 08-21-2024

(08-21-2024, 01:55 AM)n8chavez Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 10:48 PM)admin Wrote:

I think you've missed my point.  Right now it's all or nothing, as far as default settings, either yes or not.  But that doesn't always fit.  With the options the way they are now the below scenario is not possible, but it should be.  

Restart after restore - Yes
Restart after Imaging - No

Thanks for the explanation.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - RobLatour - 08-24-2024

(08-13-2024, 12:45 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-12-2024, 11:49 PM)RobLatour Wrote: Feature Request - when a backup completes or fails automatically send an email. 

SMTP would be fine from my perspective, although others might want this tied into their gmail/hotmail accounts.

Hotmail still supports SMTP, gmail now uses OAuth 2.0 so it needs to be handled separately, we will support it in a future release.

Thank you.  

Actually I hadn't noticed that Hasleo already supported SMTP (I was looking in general settings, but it is set in the notification options for a specific backup) - so as I'd indicated already that is fine (and actually preferred) by me.

With that said, I'd ask that when you do address OAuth 2.0 in the future, that you please also leave the current supported methods for SMTP in place.

Finally, a couple points you may be interested in (if you were not already aware):

1. Microsoft is planning to drop basic auth SMTP support for September 2025 ref: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/exchange-online-to-retire-basic-auth-for-client-submission-smtp/ba-p/4114750

2. There is a service called smtp2go which offers a free plan for sending up to 200 e-mails per day / 1,000 per month - which I would suspect may be of interest to some of your users should they wish to navigate away from Microsoft before their deadline (of note: I am not associated with these folks in any way other than I do have a free account with them and have found it to be quite reliable for my personal purposes).

RE: Feature REQUESTS - chmichael - 08-24-2024

(08-20-2024, 10:38 PM)admin Wrote: The backup feature of the backup software on the market all seem to only back up Windows system related partitions, obviously you can accomplish what you need by creating two backup tasks, but I'll get back to my developers with your suggestion. Thanks.

I understand but Veeam allows you to add additional partition/drives on system backup.
As i said i usually have the OS on a SSD and the DATA of the applications on a HDD.

Currently i use the partition/drive selection of Hasleo instead of system backup.

RE: Feature REQUESTS - Froggie - 08-24-2024

When trying to to make HBS more portable (using 7-Zip for example), it turns out that process is made much more difficult by the "res" folder being outside of the "bin" folder.  Is there any chance it can be programmed to be inside the "bin" folder... or maybe a test build made available to play with that has this capability.

Thanks in advance for your consideration...