Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging Dissimilar Incremental Disk Images
I'm asking this question before I discover the worst  Blush

Using the task EDIT function, HBS allows me to remove a partition (1 of 6) from an existing task's Disk/Partition definition... changing the geometry of the image.  The next Incremental done from that task, indeed, doesn't include changes from the removed partition.

Before it blows up (or doesn't blow up  Angel), what will happen when a MERGE operation occurs and the Incremental being merged forward contains the removed partition, and the Incremental being merged into... doesn't?  What will be the result of the completed merged Incremental?  Will I be stuck carrying forward the removed partition until the next Differential or Full image?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
(05-19-2024, 11:57 PM)Froggie Wrote: I'm asking this question before I discover the worst  Blush

Using the task EDIT function, HBS allows me to remove a partition (1 of 6) from an existing task's Disk/Partition definition... changing the geometry of the image.  The next Incremental done from that task, indeed, doesn't include changes from the removed partition.

Before it blows up (or doesn't blow up  Angel), what will happen when a MERGE operation occurs and the Incremental being merged forward contains the removed partition, and the Incremental being merged into... doesn't?  What will be the result of the completed merged Incremental?  Will I be stuck carrying forward the removed partition until the next Differential or Full image?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Regarding image merging, the merged image verion will only contain the partitions in the last image version that you selected to merge, and the deleted partitions will be discarded.