Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem creating Grandfather, Father, Son backups
(12-05-2023, 06:24 PM)admin Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 08:59 AM)Froggie Wrote: Rob, I was able to reproduce your problem (not following proper hierarchy with identical schedules) by playing a DAILY INC against a 1st Sunday FULL at the same time.  I've never used that particular schedule item (1st Sunday of the month) so I've never seen the problem.  I use daily INCs, weekly DIFFs (on Sunday) and monthly FULLs (1st of each month) with no issues, even when the 1st of the month falls on a Sunday.  My schedule entry list has INCs first, DIFFs second and FULLs third.

I'm sure the Devs will look into this scheduling anomaly... (won't you... Idea Big Grin )

Sunday is the first day of the week, but there is no Sunday in the first week of December 2023, which is the cause of the problem.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=418]

The program runs according to our previous design, but this design seems unreasonable. The correct design should be to run on the nth xxxday, not on the xxxday of the nth week.
Thanks for the explanation... and I agree completely, it got me as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem creating Grandfather, Father, Son backups - by Froggie - 12-06-2023, 02:24 AM