Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 4.8 UEFI laptop, I cannot mount an image.
I get this message when I do the "net start hasldisk" command:
"System error 577 has occurred."
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature of this file. It is possible that a recent hardware or software change installed a file that is damaged or has an incorrect signature, or that it is malware originating from 'an unknown source."

I have the driver it's fine, I have the reg key it's fine. The Hasldisk service does not appear in the services, I think that's the problem. I saw yesterday when I saw this post https://www.easyuefi.com/forums/showthre...96#pid5896  that I didn't have the hasldisk service.

During the update of hasleo backup suite from version 4.5 to 4.8 towards the end of the installation I had an antivirus window with scan countdown indicating that there was perhaps a suspicious file, Finally the file was good according to the antivirus. This may be why the service did not launch.

Edit: I had a recent system image just before updating hasleo to 4.8. I used it to try things. The things I tried didn't change the problem. Last thing tried was to uninstall my antivirus, windows antivirus takes over, disable memory integrity and microsoft vulnerable driver blocklist in windows antivirus. Exactly like my legacy/mbr desktop which doesn't have these 2 things enabled and doesn't have a 3rd party antivirus. It doesn't change anything, it persists. I still get the same message in response to the "net start hasldisk" command

I know that during a clean install of Windows, Windows will detect the hardware and/or features of the computer, and the Windows antivirus will have things activated or not depending on this detection. For example, "Reputation-based protection" in application and browser control is not enabled on my legacy/mbr desktop computer, on my laptop yes. This option cannot be activated after the clean install has finished. On my laptop uefi/gpt/tpm in application and browser control there is "intelligent application control" "protection exploit" and I already mentioned "Reputation-based protection".

Note: I made the changes before updating hasleo. It's "smart app control" that is disabled on my desktop AND laptop in windows antivirus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version 4.8 UEFI laptop, I cannot mount an image. - by lavande - 06-16-2024, 04:49 AM