Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature REQUESTS
(09-10-2024, 11:26 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, there are already too many partition management software products in the market, and of course if we have enough manpower in the future, we may include these features in HBS.

Yes it would be so nice to have them in HBS...  Cool
(09-10-2024, 08:41 AM)Froggie Wrote: Is there a problem with the zillion products already out there (EaseUS, Minitool, Aomei, Active, Macrorit, Nubi, IM-Magic, Paragon)?   Angel

What is it that you need to do with a new tool?  The only thing that I see missing in most is the inability to handle ext<n> Linux-based partitions as far as resizing is concerned.

Well, I'd like to see a partition manager:

1. With a built-in dark theme a la HBS.
  2. With a beautiful nice graphic user interface a la HBS.
  3. Standalone/portable and OS independent so it may be able to run from a WinRE like HBS does.
  4. Both separate architectures x64 x86, for example, a WinRE 64-bit cannot run a x86 executable. Note that current HBS can run from a WinRE x64 nicely.

I can only think of those features for the time being.

I think Hasleo team might start developing simple basic partition operations such as resizing, hide, etc., anything sufficient to install a Windows system and create two or three partitions quickly and add them to HBS.
Cool
Well... I can see you like this vendor  Big Grin
(09-11-2024, 10:24 AM)Froggie Wrote: Well, we were chatting about PARTITION MGMT software and your comments seem to be related to imaging backup software.  I tend to disagree with your comments on imaging software.  I have found Hasleo, Macrium and Terabyte Unlimited to be excellent products over the years and extremely reliable.  Other than Acronis (which I dumped after v9), most of the others I haven't tried... no need for it.

I missed the off topic post by mrx
Not completely off topic, in fact there are already other customers who would like us to implement partition management in HBS, we just don't have the manpower to implement it for the time being.
I think there is basic partition management within HBS during disk/partition restore. At least being able to resize partitions before restoring them if space is available and if necessary, is what I have seen during my restores.

I never used the function, but one can choose to resize, I assume also if restoring to a blank new disk? I am thinking of getting larger SSD drive,
but I have no idea of how to restore an entire disk backup from a 256GB SSD to a new larger 521GB blank SSD drive. I assume I'd just resize the OS partition C and the winre recovery.

I have done many complete disk restores, I just am not sure of the steps to restore to a blank drive as HBS will not restore if the partition structure is not there,
apparently this is where using the "Advanced button" comes in or am I missing something? I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Thank you!
(09-12-2024, 06:37 AM)Jim1cor13 Wrote: I have done many complete disk restores, I just am not sure of the steps to restore to a blank drive as HBS will not restore if the partition structure is not there,
apparently this is where using the "Advanced button" comes in or am I missing something? I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Thank you!

@Jim1cor13, it will restore just fine to a <blank> drive... and, as you said, you can move/resize partitions to your hearts content while doing that process.  It cannot do a DELTA RETSORE under those conditions but most anything else is good to go.  The <blank> disk is nothing more than a canvas to HBS... give it a try on an ext USB device if you have one laying around.

The "Advanced Mode" just offers you more flexibility in partition placement and sizing (eliminates existing gaps, etc.)...
(09-12-2024, 09:28 AM)Froggie Wrote:
(09-12-2024, 06:37 AM)Jim1cor13 Wrote: I have done many complete disk restores, I just am not sure of the steps to restore to a blank drive as HBS will not restore if the partition structure is not there,

@Jim1cor13, it will restore just fine to a <blank> drive... and, as you said, you can move/resize partitions to your hearts content while doing that process.  It cannot do a DELTA RETSORE under those conditions but most anything else is good to go.  The <blank> disk is nothing more than a canvas to HBS... give it a try on an ext USB device if you have one laying around.

The "Advanced Mode" just offers you more flexibility in partition placement and sizing (eliminates existing gaps, etc.)...

I really appreciate your help @Froggie  Makes sense that Delta would not work. I assume the blank disk should simply boot after restore, end up GPT as I use UEFI and my backup is of a GPT disk. Thanks again!
@Jim1cor13, your assumptions are correct... Humpty will be all back together once again  Smile
(09-12-2024, 06:37 AM)Jim1cor13 Wrote: I think there is basic partition management within HBS during disk/partition restore. At least being able to resize partitions before restoring them if space is available and if necessary, is what I have seen during my restores.

I never used the function, but one can choose to resize, I assume also if restoring to a blank new disk? I am thinking of getting larger SSD drive,
but I have no idea of how to restore an entire disk backup from a 256GB SSD to a new larger 521GB blank SSD drive. I assume I'd just resize the OS partition C and the winre recovery.

I have done many complete disk restores, I just am not sure of the steps to restore to a blank drive as HBS will not restore if the partition structure is not there,

HBS uses a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) approach when laying out partitions, which means that the partition layout set will be the one you get after the restore/clone operation is completed, it has nothing to do with whether the destination disk is blank or non-blank.