Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image mount feature is now available!!!!
Thumbs Up 
The following version (V4.8 Beta) supports mounting the volume in the disk backup image file (including system backups, file backups are not supported) as a virtual drive.
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...e_Free.exe
[Image: attachment.php?aid=452]

Please note that for Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 and earlier, Windows KB4474419 update needs to be installed to support the new driver signing (SHA-2 code signing), here is the download link for KB4474419:
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/s...=kb4474419

IMPORTANT: Windows Vista users should install the KB4474419 update for Windows Server 2008.

More information about KB4474419:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topi...f9aa5f8339

Change logs for V4.8 Beta:
1. Added feature to mount backup image files
2. Added feature to fix VSS issues
3. Improved the performance of checking image files
4. Fixed some bugs to improve product quality

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A very good start, thank you!  What would be nice is some sort of Hasleo-based dismount for that volume... maybe in the same window now showing the newly mounted volume with a dismount CheckBox available.  At the moment, all that seems to work is the newly mounted context window's "Eject" function... and even that doesn't show the volume gone until the next time the FileExplorer's window is refreshed.

Excellent start though...  Exclamation
Another observation... the "Browse" function is only available in the MOUNT window produced using the "Tools" function, it is not available in the same window produced by the "Action/Mount" function associated with the selected task.

I find both to be a bit redundant, although handy for those that like FileExplorer selection.  The "Change version" LINK provides a bit more image context due the image comments being available at that selection.

FYI...
(05-21-2024, 11:04 PM)Froggie Wrote: A very good start, thank you!  What would be nice is some sort of Hasleo-based dismount for that volume... maybe in the same window now showing the newly mounted volume with a dismount CheckBox available.  At the moment, all that seems to work is the newly mounted context window's "Eject" function... and even that doesn't show the volume gone until the next time the FileExplorer's window is refreshed.

Excellent start though...  Exclamation

Click on the Unmout button in the top right corner, and you will see all the mounted volumes, and you can unmount the mounted volumes from here. We'll fix the problem with ejecting volumes from the context menu.
(05-21-2024, 11:28 PM)Froggie Wrote: Another observation... the "Browse" function is only available in the MOUNT window produced using the "Tools" function, it is not available in the same window produced by the "Action/Mount" function associated with the selected task.

I find both to be a bit redundant, although handy for those that like FileExplorer selection.  The "Change version" LINK provides a bit more image context due the image comments being available at that selection.

FYI...

Clicking "Action => Mount Image" from a task to perform the mount operation should only be for the selected task, so it makes sense not to show the "Browse" button. And you may not have noticed that when you click on the "Change Version" link, the comment information in front of the link changes, just like on the restore page.
...and another thing  Smile

There appears to be an issue with Item #3 in your ChangeLog for v4.8b.  When I run manual tasks with either "Quick" or "Complete" image checks set in the task options, that process during a manual image operation is taking forever, if not even finishing (I've canceled both ops due to excessive time).  Under v4.5r, the check operation takes about 10-sec max in each case.  Under v4.8b I've waited many minutes before issuing the cancellation.
(05-22-2024, 12:43 AM)Froggie Wrote: ...and another thing  Smile

There appears to be an issue with Item #3 in your ChangeLog for v4.8b.  When I run manual tasks with either "Quick" or "Complete" image checks set in the task options, that process during a manual image operation is taking forever, if not even finishing (I've canceled both ops due to excessive time).  Under v4.5r, the check operation takes about 10-sec max in each case.  Under v4.8b I've waited many minutes before issuing the cancellation.

It's strange that we can't reproduce the problem. 

Are you sure the program was performing the image check operation and not the image merge operation? Can you send us the log file? And please check whether there is Crash_x_xxxx_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx.dmp file in the bin folder under the installation directory of Hasleo Backup Suite.

Thanks.
No MERGE, no CRASH file and all LOGs sent to Support (incl. 2nd, separate System anomaly).
Tested updated BETA (v240523) and all is well, thank you for the quick response!
Here is the download link for BETA v240530:
https://www.easyuefi.com/backup-software...e_Free.exe