Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 4.8 UEFI laptop, I cannot mount an image.
(06-17-2024, 11:12 AM)admin Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 06:01 AM)lavande Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 12:57 AM)Froggie Wrote: The Devs may have to come up with another solution.  Since the entire installation package is unsigned, my guess would be that this new driver is unsigned as well.  I run a System that doesn't require driver signing so I never see that error.

We'll see how the Devs handle this issue...

Yes we have to wait for the devs, they will probably find a solution   Smile

The image mount driver is signed, otherwise it could not run on Windows Vista and later, strangely it is recognized as unsigned on a few people's computers. Please check to see if the driver signature is missing?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=473]

Yes it is signed, it is there.
(06-17-2024, 12:16 PM)lavande Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 12:57 AM)Froggie Wrote: The Devs may have to come up with another solution.  Since the entire installation package is unsigned, my guess would be that this new driver is unsigned as well.  I run a System that doesn't require driver signing so I never see that error.

The image mount driver is signed, otherwise it could not run on Windows Vista and later, strangely it is recognized as unsigned on a few people's computers. Please check to see if the driver signature is missing?

Can you zip the driver file and send it to [email protected]? We need to check it to see if it's corrupted.
(06-17-2024, 01:11 PM)admin Wrote:

Can you zip the driver file and send it to [email protected]? We need to check it to see if it's corrupted.

The driver signature may not be valid for the Windows10/11 signature policy with for example secure boot, TPM and others. I did a search by skimming the articles because it's too complicated, there seem to be several Microsoft signature policies.

Yes, I will send you the file immediately to the email address indicated.
(06-17-2024, 01:24 PM)lavande Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 06:01 AM)lavande Wrote: Yes we have to wait for the devs, they will probably find a solution   Smile

The driver signature may not be valid for the Windows10/11 signature policy with for example secure boot, TPM and others. I did a search by skimming the articles because it's too complicated, there seem to be several Microsoft signature policies.

The strange thing is that it works very well on our computers that have TPM chip and have Secure Boot enabled.
(06-17-2024, 01:41 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 11:12 AM)admin Wrote: The image mount driver is signed, otherwise it could not run on Windows Vista and later, strangely it is recognized as unsigned on a few people's computers. Please check to see if the driver signature is missing?

The strange thing is that it works very well on our computers that have TPM chip and have Secure Boot enabled.

Yes then it's strange. Windows defender had problems with error 577! I also saw eset endpoint security and others you are not the only ones
(06-17-2024, 01:53 PM)lavande Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 12:16 PM)lavande Wrote: Yes it is signed, it is there.

Yes then it's strange. Windows defender had problems with error 577! I also saw eset endpoint security and others you are not the only ones

Microsoft requires the driver to be signed using EV code signing on Windows 8 and above, and hasldisk.sys is already signed using EV code signing, so this should not happen. Can you try temporarily disabling secure boot to see if it works?
(06-17-2024, 02:01 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 01:11 PM)admin Wrote: Can you zip the driver file and send it to [email protected]? We need to check it to see if it's corrupted.

Microsoft requires the driver to be signed using EV code signing on Windows 8 and above, and hasldisk.sys is already signed using EV code signing, so this should not happen. Can you try temporarily disabling secure boot to see if it works?

I just tried with secure boot disabled, it works I can mount the image.

I restart the laptop to activate secure boot and install the certificate.
(06-17-2024, 02:03 PM)lavande Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 01:24 PM)lavande Wrote: The driver signature may not be valid for the Windows10/11 signature policy with for example secure boot, TPM and others. I did a search by skimming the articles because it's too complicated, there seem to be several Microsoft signature policies.

Does it still work properly after re-enabling Secure Boot?
(06-17-2024, 02:10 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 02:03 PM)lavande Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 01:41 PM)admin Wrote: The strange thing is that it works very well on our computers that have TPM chip and have Secure Boot enabled.

Does it still work properly after re-enabling Secure Boot?

No it doesn't work after re-enabling secure boot.
No, it doesn't work with the certificate install.

I have to go it's too late here I have to sleep lol.

I'll come back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Question 
Hi, I think I may have found the solution, shouldn't the driver be signed in sha256?