Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delta restore is now available!!!!
(05-22-2024, 11:13 PM)pt58 Wrote: I was wondering if you have any plans to extend  Hasleo's delta functionality to include cloning.
At the moment I believe the delta function only operates when performing a restore from a previously created image.
Delta cloning would be a good way of keeping a copy of a disk or partition in sync with the source.
Macrium's delta function works for both restoring from an image and cloning.

We will implement the delta clone feature in a future release, technically delta restore and delta clone are the same, we just don't have enough manpower to accomplish it currently.
Is there a reason why a delta restore is not enabled by default in HBS or the PE disc? I think it should be default.
(07-16-2024, 10:36 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Is there a reason why a delta restore is not enabled by default in HBS or the PE disc?  I think it should be default.

We'll set it to default in version 5. Thanks.
(07-16-2024, 08:19 PM)admin Wrote:
(07-16-2024, 10:36 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Is there a reason why a delta restore is not enabled by default in HBS or the PE disc?  I think it should be default.

Awesome!  Thank you.
(07-17-2024, 05:04 AM)n8chavez Wrote:
(07-16-2024, 08:19 PM)admin Wrote:

Awesome!  Thank you.

You're welcome, thank you very much for your valuable suggestions.
Do delta restores work in a PE/RE? I've noticed that when I try to restore using delta in a PE/RE it takes a lot longer (5x) than if I don't use delta.
I just tested using both the Hasleo Emergency Disk (PE-based) and the BOOT menu Wim image and all was as expected as long as "Restore to original location" and "Delta Restore" options are checked.

5x speed difference is really weird  Huh
(08-29-2024, 07:22 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Do delta restores work in a PE/RE?  I've noticed that when I try to restore using delta in a PE/RE it takes a lot longer (5x) than if I don't use delta.

Technically this shouldn't happen, and in the worst-case scenario (where all the data blocks of the drive have changed) there shouldn't be a large difference in speed. Are you sure that the source and destination drives are the same, and that the source is not stored on a network drive?
(08-30-2024, 07:03 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-29-2024, 07:22 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Do delta restores work in a PE/RE?  I've noticed that when I try to restore using delta in a PE/RE it takes a lot longer (5x) than if I don't use delta.

Technically this shouldn't happen, and in the worst-case scenario (where all the data blocks of the drive have changed) there shouldn't be a large difference in speed. Are you sure that the source and destination drives are the same, and that the source is not stored on a network drive?

Yes.  I'm very sure.  All disks are local.  And the source and destination drive are the same.
(08-30-2024, 07:10 PM)n8chavez Wrote:
(08-30-2024, 07:03 PM)admin Wrote:

Yes.  I'm very sure.  All disks are local.  And the source and destination drive are the same.

Can you provide us with the log file that contains both operations? Maybe we can find out something from the log file. Thanks.