Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Restore Speed
What do you mean new streaming compression method ? It uses ZStandard as compression ? It will be awesome to have it in Hasleo Backup v5.
Macrium is using a newer compression/streaming mechanism in Reflect X which allows for speed doubling in many hardware configurations.
Oh and it's open source as i can see
I have to say that Macrium has gotten a huge performance boost, which puts a lot of pressure on us to improve performance even further.
Since it's open source you can use the same format for v5. (while have the old as legacy for compabitility)
(10-15-2024, 07:22 PM)admin Wrote: I have to say that Macrium has gotten a huge performance boost, which puts a lot of pressure on us to improve performance even further.

Perhaps.  But I think this is an opportunity for HBS.  I know there are many, many, people dissatisfied with the subscription model and are looking for alternatives.  I know people, including myself, that have been trying to pique their interest in HBS as a result of Macrium's idiocy.
(10-16-2024, 08:06 PM)chmichael Wrote: Since it's open source you can use the same format for v5. (while have the old as legacy for compabitility)

The image format is only part of the equation that affects backup performance, and it may be illegal to use Macrium's format directly. We'll do our best to improve performance, but it may take some time.
(Yesterday, 02:00 AM)n8chavez Wrote:
(10-15-2024, 07:22 PM)admin Wrote: I have to say that Macrium has gotten a huge performance boost, which puts a lot of pressure on us to improve performance even further.

Perhaps.  But I think this is an opportunity for HBS.  I know there are many, many, people dissatisfied with the subscription model and are looking for alternatives.  I know people, including myself, that have been trying to pique their interest in HBS as a result of Macrium's idiocy.

Thank you very much for your kind reminder, and we'll do our best to improve backup performance, but it will take some time.
Well using ZStandard as compressor for start should speedup things a lot i guess (it's faster than other compressors i tested)