Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBS Shortcut
For whatever reason, the Hasleo service stopped running.  In that event, Apploader.exe was all I needed to execute in order to get everything up and running just fine.   The Hasleo Backup Suite shortcut created by the installer points to BackupMainUI.exe.  Wouldn't it be easier to have that point to Apploader.exe instead.  I didn't notice any adverse effects in doing that.

Just thinking out loud.
(05-25-2024, 01:16 PM)n8chavez Wrote: For whatever reason, the Hasleo service stopped running.  In that event, Apploader.exe was all I needed to execute in order to get everything up and running just fine.   The Hasleo Backup Suite shortcut created by the installer points to BackupMainUI.exe.  Wouldn't it be easier to have that point to Apploader.exe instead.  I didn't notice any adverse effects in doing that.

Just thinking out loud.

BackupMainUI.exe is designed to run without administrator privileges, which is one thing that makes Hasleo Backup Suite different from other backup software on the market. However, the administrator privilege is required to start the service program, so the BackupMainUI.exe cannot start the service program by default. The AppLoader.exe must be running with administrator privileges, so it has permission to start the service program.
Ok then. Would it be possible to auto-launch the service again if so whatever reason it is not currently running?
If it happens regularly every time you boot your computer, you can run BackupMainUI.exe as admin and it will start the service. But it seems to be a local problem for you, no one else has complained about it.
From experience with other software, delayed startup of the service might help. Or using a bat\cmd in autostart that will restart the service.
I can't really say it's ever happened before. I think I did try to launch the PE version, unsuccessfully of course.