Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup finish fast ?
Hello,
  Is it possible the schedule backup to finish in 5-10 minutes ?

from report:
  Start time: 08/07/2024 10:00:04 PM
  End Time: 08/07/2024 10:10:55 PM

Thank you
(08-08-2024, 05:57 AM)chmichael Wrote: Hello,
  Is it possible the schedule backup to finish in 5-10 minutes ?

from report:
  Start time: 08/07/2024 10:00:04 PM
  End Time: 08/07/2024 10:10:55 PM

Thank you

Ummm...what?  How in the world can anyone answer that?   Short answer, they can't.  Long answer, they caaaaan't.  Seriously, how can anyone possibly know that.  You could be imaging 100tb for all anyone knows.  I mean, come on.  Be reasonable with your demands of HBS.
They can point me where to look for to see what happend in those 5 minutes.
Well, the time it takes to backup is related to the size of the data to be backed up and the speed of the drive where the backup image file is stored, so n8chavez is right that we can't give a definite answer to this question. The only thing we can say is that we've been doing our best to make Hasleo Backup Suite faster.
(08-08-2024, 07:01 PM)chmichael Wrote: They can point me where to look for to see what happend in those 5 minutes.

I don't quite understand what you mean, do you mean that some other backup program completed the backup in 5 minutes?
(08-08-2024, 07:06 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-08-2024, 07:01 PM)chmichael Wrote: They can point me where to look for to see what happend in those 5 minutes.

I don't quite understand what you mean, do you mean that some other backup program completed the backup in 5 minutes?

Usually it takes 30 minutes to an hour. (It's daily backup)
I think next time that it finishes so fast i'll do a manual incremental to see how much time it will take.
I'm not sure how you're doing your images, but if they're manual (using the "Backup" button), the first one will be a FULL image (if no others exist in your target folder) and any further manual images will be Incrementals (DEFAULT setting in Hasleo).  It sounds like that's what you are experiencing.

The only way to avoid the above is to use the "Action" DropDown and select what kind of image you really want done... that's the best way to compare image speeds for the different types of images available.
That's correct. I also did a manual incremental after the daily and it did 5 minutes also.
Your Incrementals will be much faster following your FULL image due to the fact that they are only imaging the CHANGES in your System since the last image taken... they are usually very small. Whenever you look at those images, they will be a combination of all images taken in that image chain, including the full.

Image chains start with a FULL image and create difference images along the way depending on what type of image is taken. A DIFFERENTIAL includes all changes since the last FULL, an INCREMENTAL includes all changes since the most recent image (Full, Differential or Incremental). A new chain will begin at each new FULL.
Yes i understand that but i couldn't believe it needs 5-10 mins to check the 2 SSD Drives "C <OS>" and "D <DATA>". (i mean it's fast!)
I've added a dummy file and it backup it up in those 5 mins so everything is working as it should.

Thank you