Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.91 bug?
Anyone else has 4.91 installed yet?  I'm having an issue that was not in 4.9.  When you go to mount a volume, after you select your task, when I click on "change version" there is no other image listed there except the most recent.  There are other images in the same directory on my disk though, they're just not listed.  This was not the case with 4.9.  Can anyone confirm?

(08-23-2024, 09:11 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Anyone else has 4.91 installed yet?  I'm having an issue that was not in 4.9.  When you go to mount a volume, after you select your task, when I click on "change version" there is no other image listed there except the most recent.  There are other images in the same directory on my disk though, they're just not listed.  This was not the case with 4.9.  Can anyone confirm?

.TBI is not the extension used for HBS image files.
Right. But there were two HBS images there. But only one shows up as a mountable option.
(08-23-2024, 10:41 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Right.  But there were two HBS images there.  But only one shows up as a mountable option.

Are you sure they are backup image files generated by the same backup task?
(08-23-2024, 10:56 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-23-2024, 10:41 AM)n8chavez Wrote: Right.  But there were two HBS images there.  But only one shows up as a mountable option.

Yes they are.  That's the only way I create images.
(08-23-2024, 11:14 AM)n8chavez Wrote:
(08-23-2024, 10:56 AM)admin Wrote:

Yes they are.  That's the only way I create images.

These two files were created at different times, are you sure you performed two backups?
Yes. How else would there be two different files with two different creation times?
It is very strange that they are all identified as version 1. Please send us the log of the task, please refer to the image below:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=480]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This isn't a log issue. Right. With 4.9 I was able to mount images that were not in the current chain. Chain does not mean task. There are plenty of times I have an images from, let's say, two weeks ago that I want to extract from. But in 4.91 I cannot do that because I can't see it, or anything outside the current chain, to mount it, but in 4.9 I could. I can manually browser for the image to mount it, but it's part of a task and I should be able to see it. Make sense?
I'm sorry, HBS lists only the backup versions that belong to the same task as the selected image file, and we can check whether the two backup files are generated by the same task by looking at the logs.