If you have a Windows 10/8/7/vista/2016/2012/2008 installation ISO image file, and now you want to use it to install the Windows system into a computer.
But before you can use it to install Windows you will need to convert the ISO into a bootable device, either on a DVD disc or a USB drive.
Usually, you can use a DVD burning software to burn a bootable DVD directly from the Windows ISO image, but if the computer you want to install Windows doesn’t have a DVD drive (such as ultrabooks, tablet PCs), then you need to create a bootable Windows installation USB drive.
Now WinToUSB releases a new feature called "Windows Installation USB Creator" which allows you to create a Windows installation USB drive with a few simple steps, with this feature you can create a Windows installation USB drive to install Windows on both Traditional BIOS
computers by using the same USB drive.
If you want to install/reinstall Windows onto a HDD/SSD drive without using a CD/DVD/USB drive, or clone your current Windows OS installation to a HDD/SSD drive, please try WinToHDD
Using WinToUSB to create a bootable Windows installation USB flash drive:
- Connect the destination USB flash drive to the computer with an installed copy of WinToUSB.
- Run WinToUSB as administrator.
- Click "Tools" > "Windows Installation USB Creator".
- Click the button and select the Windows installation ISO from the open dialog box.
- Select the USB drive in the drop-down list. If your USB drive is not correctly recognized by WinToUSB, you need to click the button for the program to recognize the USB drive. After you select the USB drive, a pop-up will appear asking you if you want to format it to continue.
- Click "Yes". After clicking "Yes", WinToUSB begins formatting. Please wait until that format operation is complete.
- After successfully formated the USB drive, click "OK", WinToUSB begins creating the Winddows installation USB drive.
- Click "OK" when the creation is complete.
Follow these simple steps, you can create a Windows installation USB flash drive from an ISO image with WinToUSB easily.